Brand Identity Design Services
Your Partner in Brand Identity Design
Project6 Design provides comprehensive branding services, including brand identity design and logo development. As a leading Bay Area design agency, we have been shaping brands and creating impactful design solutions for over 22 years.
What is Branding?
Branding is a powerful tool that transcends mere visual aesthetics. It is the embodiment of your company’s values, personality, and unique selling propositions. A strong brand not only sets you apart in a crowded market, but it also fosters customer loyalty, instilling trust and lasting relationships with your audience. In today’s competitive landscape, branding is not just about being known—it’s about being known for the right reasons. At Project6 Design, our expertise lies in crafting a brand identity that truly represents who you are and resonates with your audience.
—Jacqueline Swank, Marketing Manager, AUL
What are the Twelve Brand Archetypes?
Identifying your organization’s brand archetype can be both a fun and enlightening process. Twelve brand archetypes serve as the foundation for layers of your brand identity, shaping the way it communicates, behaves, and connects with the audience. These archetypes, originally proposed by psychologist Carl Jung, can be harnessed to help others understand and relate to your brand. And some brands don’t fit neatly in just one type. Which type best defines your organization?
The twelve brand archetypes are:
- The Innocent: Brands that embody innocence prioritize simplicity, honesty, and purity in their messaging.
- The Everyman: This archetype represents brands that position themselves as down-to-earth, reliable, and approachable.
- The Hero: Heroic brands focus on strength, boldness, and the desire to solve significant problems.
- The Outlaw: Outlaw brands challenge the status quo, seeking to disrupt and redefine.
- The Explorer: Explorer brands are adventurous, bold, and love to push boundaries.
- The Creator*: Creator brands inspire innovation and imagination, often in artistic or design-focused sectors.
- The Ruler: Ruler brands exude luxury, class, and leadership.
- The Magician: Magician brands aim to inspire wonder and create experiences that seem almost magical.
- The Lover: Lover brands aim to create intimate connections, focusing on aesthetics, sensuality, and luxury.
- The Caregiver: Caregiver brands prioritize service, care, and protection in their messaging.
- The Jester: Jester brands use humor and entertainment to engage with their audience.
- The Sage: The Sage brands are knowledgeable, often involving education, wisdom, and insight in their messaging.
Not every organization chooses to embark on an archetype exploration, but for those who do, it can serve as a basis for branding strategies, and guide the tone of voice, visual identity, and overall brand persona. Which archetype do you think best suits your organization?
*This is Project6, but we also have a heavy dose of Explorer (pushing boundaries) and Caregiver (clients come first!).